Privacy, Security and Cookies Information
"Goodlookers" is a trading name of Good-Lookers (London) Ltd. Reg no: 04080868, VAT no: 832155155, Registered in England & Wales.
Goodlookers are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
- Information collected by our website
- How Goodlookers use your data
- Your rights
- Contact us
Our promise to you as Goodlookers, the data controller, is that: -
- We will only use your data to help us provide the right experience for you as a customer.
- We'll protect your data as if it's our own.
- We'll always respect your choices on what we do with your data and how we contact you.
- We'll only keep it as long as necessary.
We may collect the following information directly from you when you communicate with us or fill in forms on our website, such as when you register for an account or make a purchase: -
- Your name and contact information, including email, postal address, landline telephone and mobile number.
- Your billing and marketing preferences in order to tailor our communications to you.
- Transaction information and details of your purchase.
- Delivery. In order to fulfil our promised delivery and contract to you, we will need to supply your data to our Warehouse and our chosen courier for your delivery.
- Marketing via email or Post. At every interaction point you will have the choice to opt out of marketing messages if you wish to do so. This will be actioned immediately upon on your request.
- Fraud Protection and Detection. It's vital we monitor orders to protect you from fraudsters and crime.
- Web Advertising. We work with carefully selected websites to serve up adverts to personalise your online experience even more. Hopefully in a discrete, unobtrusive way.
- Research and Analysis. It's important we listen to our customers through their feedback and actions in order to allow us to improve our service and products. We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. This may include our agencies who help us analyse trends, purchase patterns and performance. This information will be anonymised before leaving our business.
- Payment Details. We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology and will be transferred and processed by Sage Pay or via Paypal to provide a fully secure payment portal.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is absolutely necessary to deliver our service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes. However, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event of our business being sold.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
What we will never do with your data
- We will never sell to any third party. Ever.
- We will never leave it unprotected. Ever.
- We will never ignore your wishes. Ever.
We will market to you on the basis of either Legitimate Interest or Marketing Consent. You may change your marketing opt in status at any time, either by visiting the MY ACCOUNT area of our website, calling our sales office, or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us.
Your information outside of the UK and EU
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for processing and storing. Also, it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff maybe engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where we transfer your information outside of the EEA we will ensure safeguards are in place to ensure it remains secure and adequately protected.
Keeping your information
We do need to maintain your information for a certain period to provide customer support, purchase history, prevention of fraud and analytics.
We will maintain these records for the following times scales.
- Cookie and browsing behaviour – 30 days.
- Email Sign Ups where no purchase has been made – 2 Years
- Purchases – We will maintain order information for 7 years since last purchase. This will be anonymised after 5 years.
- You have the right to stop direct marketing messages at any time. This is detailed in the Marketing section above.
- You have the right to the correction of any of your records.
- You have the right to access your records at any time.
- You have the right to have your records anonymised at any time.
- You have the right to request that we provide your details to you or any other service provider.
- You have the right to complain to your country's data protection regulator.
- You have the right to restrict the profiling of your data.
If you should require assistance with any of the above points please email the Data Protection Coordinator at DPC@goodlookers.co.uk
Your rights - Further Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to ask us to confirm how we use your information. If the information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, you may request that we correct this information.
Please email your request to access your information to the Data Protection Coordinator at the address given above. It is helpful if you explain what particular records you are seeking, but you do not have to say. You will need to provide two forms of identification, which can include current passport; driving licence; birth certificate; utility bill from last 3 months; bank statement from last 3 months. We don’t store this identification, it's used solely to verify the requester’s identity.
You can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records and – in certain circumstances – ask for this data to be transferred to another organisation. Where certain conditions apply, you have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing or profiling.
Please also email our Data Protection Coordinator if you would like further information about your rights or wish to exercise them. If we are unable to fulfil your request for any reason, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your data, or you are not satisfied that your issue has been resolved, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK's independent authority for privacy matters.
Ongoing changes to Data Protection
The digital world is rapidly evolving, so in order to maintain a competitive, customer focused business we may from time-to-time make amends to this page. If we make significant changes, we promise to notify you so you are able to review and amend your consent as required.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
An introduction to Cookies
A cookie is a small data file that is automatically placed onto your computer's hard drive. Cookie files are created by our website and placed onto your device in order to analyse and influence your preferences or behavior. Analytical cookies are designed to track your journey and experience on our website - so that we may tailor your experience and gather data. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The majority of modern web browsers will automatically allow cookies to be placed onto your device. However you can usually modify your browser's settings in order to prevent any cookies from being placed onto your device. Setting your browser to block cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- Ensure that functionality operates as intended
- Remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- Allow you to share pages via popular social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- Allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- Post enquiries via online forms
- Track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- Collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Social Network Sharing
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our on profile on the popular Social Media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make 'Social Sharing' accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as AddThis. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google's Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
Upon your first visit to our website, you will notice a subtle banner on the page alerting you to the fact that cookies are being placed onto your computer by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store a cookie which expires after the set amount of days below (see table).
Our eCommerce website is built on the popular open-source platform - Magento. Magento and eCommerce platforms in general require the use of several essential cookies for the website to function correctly. A comprehensive list of the cookies placed by Magento are detailed in the table below.
Our website's visitors can choose to contact us via form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with anti-spam challenges which ensure the visitor is an actual living person, rather than a computer bot or spider.
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Cookie Consent||complianceCookie||This cookie is set by our website once you have seen and acknowledged our Cookie banner. This cookie will expire and automatically delete itself after 14 days.|
|Google Analytics (Universal)||_ga||The single default cookie for Google Universal Analytics. This sole cookie used by Goole Analytics stores a unique client identifier (Client ID) which is set randomly. This cookie is set to expire after 24 months (2 years) and is refreshed each time you visit our website.|
|Google Analytics (Classic)||_utma||A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|_utmb||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.|
|_utmc||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.|
|_utmv||Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.|
|_utmz||A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.|
|AddThis||loc, uid/uit, psc, di/dt, atuvc/bt/ssc/
|Allows users to share content via Social Networking websites and email|
|Magento||CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLY COMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
For data specific queries, please email DPC@goodlookers.co.uk
For all other enquiries please visit our Contact Us page.